The festive season is coming, and you would love to travel somewhere, right? Well, we got you covered.
Let’s break locations into two main types: warm and cold. With this being said, you should think about what kind of December you are looking to have.
The place where you come from might come to matter when making the decision. This is because some people who live in already colder places want to have a sunny December. This is not an absolute rule. You can easily find the opposite of this big round Earth.
Where to travel in December
Let’s dive into a list of astonishing locations you can travel in December!
Yeah, the whole country! We know that this is not quite a specific location, but Finland has many things to offer. It is placed in the Scandinavian peninsula and is pretty cold all year long. This is especially true in December.
This is known as the country of Santa Claus. By the looks of it, you would really agree. Every town looks like a fairy tale, especially when covered in a thick layer of snow.
The prices are pretty reasonable for a modern European country. This is especially true if you choose hostels instead of regular hotels. The food tends to be the most expensive thing around. This will be costly for you, especially if you eat a lot.
You can save a lot of money on public transportation, this. Why would you spend money on a rental if the buses will do just fine, if not better? Trains are also excellent in this country. Another good thing to know is that Finland is super bike-friendly. If you like to pedal, this will be a great experience for you.
Now, as to what exotic locations you should visit:
- The Pyha-Luosto Mine – This place is incredibly mystical. Pyha-Luosto means “amethyst” in Finnish. The precious stones are found in this area for over 6-million years. While touring here, you will learn a lot about the precious stones themselves, and also about the art of mining.
- Cycle the King’s Road – A path that goes all the way to the east. It was established as an old postal route. It connects Bergen, Norway, with Oslo, Stockholm. It even goes as far as St. Petersburg in Russia. You will name this as one of the best rides of your life if you are into cycling.
- Sodankyla Local Heritage Museum – How old do you think this institution is? It dates from 1906. No wonder why it is considered a living heritage for the life in the old times of Finland.
The Swiss Confederation might be small, but it definitely has a lot to offer. It is great to visit in December because of its mountain areas that seem to be straight out of the Heidi work of fiction.
It is full of both modern masterpieces and as well as ancient natural wonders. There are many things to be done here all year long, but the cold season fits the country best.
We need to tell you that the prices there are pretty spicy. This is because the country is extremely wealthy, so for residents, it might not seem like such a big deal.
However, if you plan, you might be able to get a few discounts here and there. Being in the middle of Europe, you will receive the bang for your buck. This is because, at some point, you will realize that it feels like a combination of places. Italy, France, Germany, and so on seem to come together into this metropolitan area.
The weather is generally considered to be temperate. Its most annoying characteristic might be the fohn wind. It brings an air of very low humidity to the north of the Alps during the rainfall periods.
Some of the best places to visit include:
- The Matterhorn – One of the most iconic peaks in the world, let alone Switzerland. It can be found near the border with Italy, and its peak rises as high as 4,478 meters. Incredibly enough, its steep faces lie exactly in the direction of the compass points. This place is beloved by climbers from all around the world. If you are into extreme sports, you will surely want to climb this one.
- Lucerne – How does a lovely medieval city surrounded by mountains and a lake sound to you? Yeah, that’s what we thought as well. Not only that this city is unique and brimming with life, but it also holds an annual International Music Festival. It is the hometown of one of the biggest concert halls in the world.
- Chateau de Chillon – How about a castle? Or, to be more exact, a chateau. This amazing structure is built on the shores of Lake Geneva. It is quite near Montreux. This place has inspired many artists, and it continues to be considered an architectural treasure.
Now a state of the United States of America, Hawaii is still one of the most beloved tropical locations on the planet. It basically consists of the entire Hawaiian archipelago. It has over 137 volcanic islands, and it spans more than 2,400km. The islands are considered to be part of Oceania.
As a visitor, you might be wondering where to start. Well, remember that anywhere you choose to go, the climate will be super warm. As a result, you can brag to your relatives that you are spending your December on a beach. How incredible is that? Back at your home, the weather is probably freezing stone, but here, you can sip a Martini in your short shorts.
Things to see in Hawaii:
- The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor – We know that might not be the romantic scenery you might have thought of, but how can you miss this? This is basically a piece of international history right here. There are even free tours daily. It is also considered to be the number 1 visitor destination in all of the Hawaiian Islands.
- North Shore of Oahu – Now you can finally calm down! Here’s the beach. It is absolutely dreamlike. You will probably feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway. Except for all the pain and suffering. There are tons of breathtaking coastlines that you can have a lovely time on. Remember to take some good pictures of the gram.
- The Na Pali Coast State – Yeah, you might have seen some coastlines before, but you have never seen one like this. Trust us! If you have the chance to go for a helicopter ride, you will dream of this view for the rest of your life.